2019 FCPS Outstanding Award Announcement
Nominations are now open for the Outstanding Employee Awards! To submit a nomination for a Twain Middle School Outstanding Employee in one of the categories below, please complete the nomination through this Google form link. You may nominate an employee in one or more categories. All that is required for a preliminary nomination is a paragraph or two about how this employee demonstrates exceptional work in the criteria for that category. (The google form link has more information regarding the criteria for each of these awards.)
- Eligibility: Has at least three years of experience as a teacher; librarians are included in this category.
Outstanding New Teacher
- Eligibility: Within their first three years of being a teacher; librarians are included in this category.
Outstanding New Principal
- Eligibility: Within their first three years of being a building principal.
- Eligibility: At least one year of experience in current position as a Schedule-B or Schedule-C employee.
- Common positions in this category: School-Based Technology Specialist, Technology Support Specialist, Assistant and Associate Principals, DSA, DSS, Assessment Coach, Career Center Specialist, Instructional Coach, Psychologist, Social Worker, School Counselor, Resource Teachers that serve in an administrative role in a school.
Outstanding Operational Employee
- Eligibility: At least one year of experience in current position as Schedule-A or Classroom Instructional Support Scale employee.
- Common positions in this category: Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Custodial Staff, food service staff, IA, PHA, PHTA, all Parent Liaisons.
Outstanding Hourly Employee
- Eligibility: At least one year experience in current hourly position.
- Examples of possible hourly positions: Hourly Office Staff, Hourly Program Assistants, other unique hourly positions as designated per school.
The deadline to submit a nomination is November 26, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Karen Arthur, Awards Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles Miller, Principal Mark Twain Middle School