Visiting Our School
Visitor Management for Student Safety and Security
Translate this page
We welcome visitors at Twain Middle School. Thank you for helping us keep our students safe by following the procedures below.
Visitor Check-in and Check-out Procedures
- Masks - Vaccinated visitors do not need to wear a mask. If you are not vaccinated, please wear a mask to protect yourself and others. Disposable masks are if you need one.
- Entry Door - Visitor control is monitored through an electronic door access system. Press the button next to the door of Entrance #1. The receptionist will answer and ask the nature of your visit/who you are here to see.
- Main Office Sign-In - Proceed to the main office. Sign in to our automated visitor management system with a driver’s license, passport, or military ID. The system prints an ID badge that must be displayed on visitor clothing at all times. If you do not have identification, you will not be allowed beyond the main office until you have completed an assisted process verifying your identity. Only authorized visitors will be allowed in the building.
- Check Out - Before leaving the school, visitors must check-out in the main office and leave by the main entrance.
School Safety Precautions
The following procedures have been implemented to keep students safe.
- Faculty and staff will always have their FCPS photo-identification badges displayed.
- Exterior doors are locked from the outside during the instructional day.
- Cameras monitor all exterior doors and grounds.
- Former students and friends of students, etc. are not allowed to visit during school hours.
Meeting with Teachers
Partnerships with parents/guardians are valued, and communication with your child’s teacher is encouraged. Please make an appointment to visit with a teacher. Email contact is available through our staff directory.
Contact our main office team at 703-313-3700