2020-21 Registration Procedures
Please read through the procedures below on how to register your student.
Families who need language support may contact the following central office registrars:
- العربية (Arabic): Belsam Tubia at BSTubia@fcps.edu
- 中文 (Chinese): Yellia Seanor at YSeanor@fcps.edu
- فارسی (Farsi): Sima Navidi at PMNavidi@fcps.edu
- 한국어 (Korean): Carlin Kim at CPKim@fcps.edu
- Español (Spanish): Miriam Dubon at MPDubon@fcps.edu
- اردو (Urdu): Farah Rana at FRana@fcps.edu
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese): Tri Ngo at TMNgo@fcps.edu
You must provide the following documents to the registrar:
Proof of Residency
Confirm that your address is in the Twain boundary using the Boundary Locator (you must reside in the school boundary to proceed).
You will be required to show proof of residency during the registration process. Please provide the documentation required depending on your current situation:
- Parents who reside with their child in a property that they own or rent generally should provide one of the following documents:
- Deed of parent's house
- Lease agreement in parent's name signed by rental management office
- A resident manager's letter with company letterhead stating residence of parent
- Parents who live with the child in a residence of someone else need to provide all of the following:
- FCPS Leaseholder or Homeowner Affidavit - The homeowner or leaseholder of residence where parent/child are residing must provide a notarized affidavit accompanied by the lease or deed. (The homeowner or leaseholder will not need to be present at the registration appointment.)
- FCPS Residency Affidavit - The parent of the enrolling student must also provide a notarized affidavit stating his/her residence.
- Three official supporting documents as evidence of non-temporary residence. Acceptable documentation includes:
- Employment - current payroll stub or current employer verification on company letterhead
- Car - Virginia driver’s license, car registration, car insurance policy or bill, or Commonwealth of Virginia identification card
- Utilities - bills from cell phone, Internet, gas, water, electricity, cable, or telephone
- Taxes - current income tax form 1099, withholding form W-2
- Other - bank statements, Department of Family Services, medical bills, Housing Choice Voucher, U.S. government issued document or other county or agency correspondence
Physical presence of the parent in the residence of the child is required for enrollment in FCPS. If a parent initially enrolls the student, but then leaves Fairfax County, a change in enrollment status may be necessary.
Experiencing Homelessness - If students are experiencing homelessness, parents or legal guardians may contact the Homeless Liaison Office at 571-423-4332 or refer to Information for Homeless Families for additional contacts and resources. In addition, any neighborhood school can provide enrollment assistance.
Proof of Student Age
- An original birth certificate is required for all students.
- If a birth certificate is not available, an affidavit with substantiating documentation is required. A baptismal record, a hospital record, a passport, or a bona fide record should be used as documentation in support of the affidavit.
- The legal name of the student as shown on the original birth certificate will be entered in the student record. If a child's name has changed, legal court documentation indicating the name change is required.
Proof of Parent Identity
- When registering, the student must be accompanied by the parent or legal guardian with whom he or she lives in Fairfax County. Only a parent who is named on the child's birth certificate is eligible to enroll the student. The accompanying parent will be required to present government-issued photo identification.
- Virginia law and FCPS School Board policies and regulations set criteria regarding the enrollment of children by nonparents. Having legal custody is only one of the requirements that must be met. For nonparents seeking to enroll students, please see Special Registration Situations for additional information.
Proof of Previous Educational Programming
- School records and/or original transcripts are required of secondary students (middle and high school students).
- If a translated document is submitted, the original document in the original language must also be supplied.
Proof of Immunizations
- Virginia law requires parents to provide documentation of age-appropriate immunization for students attending school. A properly completed immunization record signed by a licensed physician or local health department employee must be provided.
- ALL STUDENTS ENTERING MIDDLE SCHOOL MUST HAVE A TDAP VACCINATION
- For a complete listing of necessary immunizations, please check General Registration Immunizations.
- Families should contact their health care provider to obtain any needed immunizations.
- Also, Fairfax County Health Department's five clinics offer immunizations.
Proof of Tuberculosis Screen (NOT REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS)
- Required ONLY for students who have resided in a foreign country included on the High TB Burden Country List, for a consecutive period of four weeks, one of the following is required:
- Evidence of a negative tuberculin skin test (TST) or Quantiferon TB Gold blood test (QFT) and a negative symptom screen completed within 90 calendar days prior to registration, certified by a licensed physician or department of health.
- Evidence of a normal (negative) chest X-ray taken within 90 calendar days prior to registration.
- Documentation of a negative symptom screen and risk assessment from the health department or private physician for students who present written documentation of having completed treatment for latent tuberculosis infection or TB disease.
- Persons from countries not found on this list should only be tested for tuberculosis (TB) if symptomatic or if they have risk factors.
- Students may be conditionally enrolled in FCPS if they present a temporary medical waiver of a TST.
The following forms must be completed. If you are unable to print/complete these forms electronically, please let the registrar know to request paper copies.
Note: If your student is coming from another FCPS School (i.e. the last school attended is an FCPS School) you do not need to complete these forms
- Home Language Survey
- Student Registration Form
- Criminal Conviction and Juvenile Delinquency Adjudication Affirmation
- Request for Student Records
When you have all the required documentation, please reach out to us to let us know. We will set up a registration appointment with you.