Learn about the Twain MS Tigers!
- Go Team Twain! As a professional learning community, Mark Twain Middle School empowers all children to become independent, responsible, and productive citizens. We ensure each child achieves the highest academic standards by providing open access to rigorous instruction in a supportive academic setting. Staff, parents, and community members will collaborate to provide and maintain a nurturing and differentiated learning environment.
- Diligent Excellence: Every Child, Every Day! By building and maintaining positive relationships with students, we collaboratively inspire, enable and empower students to achieve excellence through dynamic, engaging and rigorous learning experiences. We support each child “by name and by need” as we focus on the academic, social and economic needs of each student as they become lifelong learners and responsible, interculturally aware citizens in a global community.
- Mark Twain Middle School holds that each and every child is capable of learning when we provide the time, expert educators, and a variety of ways in which each child will acquire and demonstrate new knowledge.
- Mark Twain Middle School believes in working collaboratively with our colleagues, parents, FCPS specialists and community members to create a healthy and supportive learning environment through data-informed decision making, consideration of educational research and evidence, and implementation of best instructional practices.
- Mark Twain Middle School believes in holding high expectations for every child every day and by nurturing each student’s sense of belonging and ownership in our school. Mark Twain Middle School believes in celebrating the academic and behavioral successes of students as we lead them to be responsible citizens who will have a positive impact on the world
Learn about our procedures and policies regarding student attendance, including information about prearranged absences, excused and unexcused absences, late arrivals, early dismissals, and more.
All classes meet on Monday. Tuesdays and Thursdays, we follow our "odd day" bell schedule. Wednesdays and Fridays, we follow our "even day" bell schedule.