New Student Registration

Information for registering a new student in FCPS AND to Twain MS

Thank you for your interest in registering your student at Twain Middle School. Please read through the following requirements/procedures: 

Step 1: Check your address using the Boundary Locator

  • Students must reside within the Twain Middle School boundary in order to attend

Step 2: Requirements for Enrollment

  • You must be the parent listed on the birth certificate in order to enroll your child.
    • If you are the student’s legal guardian, you must provide official court documentation signed by a judge as proof.
    • If the student in question is residing with someone other than the parent/legal guardian AND the parent(s) are not present, please call FCPS Central Registration 703-204-6740. You will need to verify your ability to enroll your student. 
  • You must prove that you live in the Twain boundary.
    • If you live in a home that you own/rent:
      • You must provide a lease/deed along with photo ID.
      • Your name MUST be present on the lease/deed otherwise it cannot be accepted 
    • If you live in a home that is owned/rented by someone else:
      • You must provide the deed or lease of the homeowner, the FCPS Residency Affidavit (see Documents Section Below), FCPS Leaseholder Agreement (see Documents Section Below), three documents of official mail (i.e. utility bills, bank statements, medical bills, car registration, payroll stub, etc.), and photo ID 
  • Your student must be immunized. 
    • Please see the documents section below for the immunization requirements in more detail 

    Step 3: Required Documents for Enrollment

    • Original Birth Certificate for the student
    • Parent/Legal Guardian Photo ID 
    • Proof of Residence (see above for specifics) 
    • Official Immunization Records 
    • Records from previous school (Most recent report card or transcript) 

    Note: If your student is transferring from one FCPS school to another (without ever leaving FCPS in between,) you ONLY need to provide updated proof of residence and parent photo ID. 

    Step 4: Making an Appointment 

    • Due to the high volume of registrants, all new student registrations are by appointment only. 
    • To begin the process, please complete the Pre-Registration Form.
      • This form will help us to make your transition to Twain as soon as possible.
      • You must answer every question on the Pre-Registration Form.
      • Upon completion of the form, you will receive a response email within 2-3 business days. Please make sure the email address you provide on the Pre-Registration Form is accurate and check your spam for the email. 
        • Do not submit more than one form!
      • This email will include more information regarding the registration process as well as a link to sign up for an appointment time 
    • Use the link provided in the response email to access the Twain Calendar and sign up for an appointment time.
      • Appointment times are generally posted 3-4 weeks in advance
    • All registrations must be made through this two-step process. No appointments will be taken over the phone or via email. 

    Documents for Registration

    Please see below for some important forms for registering your student. It is not REQUIRED that these forms be filled out prior to your appointment, however they will need to be completed at the appointment before your student can start. 

    Required for all Students New to FCPS/Returning to FCPS

    1. Home Language Survey
    2. Student Registration Form
    3. Criminal Conviction and Juvenile Delinquency Adjudication Affirmation 
    4. Request for Student Records 

    Required for all Students

    1. Emergency Care Information
    2. Health Information Form
    3. SR&R Agreement Form 
    4. After School Registration Form
    5. SOL Re-take Permission Form
    6. Online Resource Permission Form

    Additional Forms & Information (Optional)

    1. Residency Affidavit Form
    2. Leaseholder Affidavit Form
    3. Registration Requirements & Immunization Info  (English) (For information purposes only)
    4. Registration Requirements & Immunization Info (Spanish) (For information purposes only)

    Additional Information

    Should you have any questions regarding registering your student, please contact Student Services, at 703-313-3716.