Report Cards, SIS, & Schoology
Report Card Schedule
- 1st Quarter:
- Ends on Friday, November 3rd
- Report Cards distributed to Students: Friday, November 10th
- 2nd Quarter:
- Ends on Thursday, January 25th
- Report Cards distributed to Students: Friday, February 2nd
- 3rd Quarter:
- Ends on Friday, March 22nd
- Report Cards distributed to Students: Friday, April 5th
- 4th Quarter:
- Ends on Wednesday, June 12th
- Report Cards distributed to Students: Wednesday, June 12th
The Student Information System (SIS)
The Student Information System (SIS) Parent Account Access allows parents access to teacher grade books, attendance information, course history and other useful information.
New Users: Please use the parent account registration page to register your account. You will need an activation key to log in for the first time.
Returning Users: Please go to https://sisparent.fcps.edu to log in to your SIS ParentVUE Account.
Schoology is a learning space that enhances face-to-face and distance learning through communication, collaboration, and personalized learning. With Schoology, students can submit homework assignments online, review teacher feedback, participate in interactive discussions, read announcements, take tests, and more. As a parent, you will be able to view:
your student’s class
your student’s participation
feedback in Schoology
You can learn more from FCPS' Schoology Page!
Schoology Grading and Organization
Schoology will be used by our teachers to provide feedback on specific Schoology assignments or activities. It is not the gradebook of record.
The Schoology “gradebook” is not an official gradebook or reflection of the students overall grade.
- SIS ParentVUE or StudentVUE is where you and your student can go to view the current grade in the class and assignment grades.
- SIS Grades- Please give our teachers time between the completion of activities and grade entry into the gradebook. All grades are entered manually so there will be a short delay between assignment completion and the recording in SIS.
Due Dates & Organization
- Moving forward we have clarified with teachers that they will place due dates on all assignments that require items to be turned in or completed. Activities or materials that do not need to be turned in will not receive a due date.
- This list that appears on the students Schoology main page lists all assignments from all classes with upcoming due dates.
- The assignments are not removed when it is complete in case the student needs to go back and edit the assignment as needed until the due date.
- If an assignment's due date has passed the assignment will move to the “Overdue” list.
- Parent Email Notifications- We have been made aware that some of the Parent Digest and Overdue Notifications have been confusing and there were possibly some errors. Please use the SIS gradebook as the official record of completed assignments. You can reach out to your students teachers if you need clarification about a specific assignment. To opt out or change your settings for these parent notifications please see Schoology’s Help Site.