Supporting the Twain MS faculty
Join the PTA!
PTA Spirit Wear & Events
How do I join the PTA?
It’s never too late to join the PTA, you can join at any point in the year. Membership forms are available at the school on the PTA bulletin board or you can print out the form. PTA membership is $20 for individuals or $30 for a family membership. Membership forms and payment may be mailed to the school or sent to the main office with your student.
Join the PTA Online! Save time and submit your membership form online and receive an invoice to pay online using your credit or debit card. Simply complete our Google Form. After submission, you will be emailed an invoice through Square to be able to pay your membership online.
Please note: The MTMS PTA is primarily funded through our membership dues and holds limited fundraisers throughout the school year. By joining the PTA, your membership dues are greatly helping us achieve our goals for supporting the students and staff at Twain.
What does the MTMS PTA do?
The primary goal of the MTMS PTA is to support the students and staff at Twain. This is done in a variety of ways, which include:
- Working closely with the Twain administration, supporting school programs and taking part in school events.
- Sponsoring events for students such as the Tiger Night socials and the 8th grade dance.
- Fulfilling school volunteer needs for events like gym uniform distribution, school pictures, the Turkey Trot, and more.
- Hosting staff appreciation events and sponsoring the Twain Teacher/Staff Member of the Month.
- Awarding PTA Mini-Grants to teachers and clubs.
- Having Twain Spirit Wear available for purchase so that students may show off their Tiger Pride.
Please join us for a PTA meeting, as all are welcome to attend! All meetings are on Thursdays, from 7:00PM-8:00PM. Our meeting schedule for 2018-19 is as follows:
- Sept. 27th
- Oct. 18th
- Nov. 29th
- Dec. - No meeting
- Jan. 24th
- Feb. - No meeting
- Mar. 28th
- April 25th
- May 23rd
- June - No meeting
All meetings are in the MTMS Library. This information is also on the Events page.
You may view previous Meeting Minutes from past school years.
Volunteer at Twain
Are you interested in becoming more involved with the PTA? Do you have special skills or some great ideas? There are many different ways that parents can help the PTA, from helping to plan events, helping with Spirit Wear, or serving on a committee. No contribution is too small…if you would be willing to help the PTA or are curious as to what jobs are available, please contact the PTA President at email@example.com or the Membership & Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Twain PTA offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities for parents and guardians. Volunteers are essential to the success of our programs…we cannot do all that we do without parent help! Please consider giving of your time. Some of the volunteer opportunities include:
- Baking for school events, such as Mark Twain’s birthday celebration
- Assisting with school pictures, gym uniform distribution, hearing & vision screenings, the Turkey Trot, and more
- Selling Spirit Wear and concessions at events
- Being a committee member to help plan/coordinate events and programs
We send out volunteer requests via SignUpGenius.com emails. We appreciate as much help as your schedule allows! For questions and to be added to our volunteer list, please email the Membership & Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Contacting the PTA
Twain PTA Officers
PTA President: Linda Pinkney - firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Vice-President: Audrey June - email@example.com
PTA Treasurer: Mae Pattison - firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Secretary: Christy Rose - email@example.com
Membership & Volunteer Coordinator: Carin Blair - firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Dance co-chairs:
Box Tops: Matt Miglin
Kindness Committee: Andrea Ullmann & Rachael Fielder
Odyssey of the Mind: Megan Brooks- email@example.com
PTA Newsletter: Nicole Olsen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Reflections Program: Christian Nutt - email@example.com
Special Education Liaison: Michael Montante
Spirit Events Coordinator: Christina Hunt
Spirit Wear: Amanda Hescock - firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Appreciation Co-Chairs: Gaye Paloma-Knotts & Cheyna Vrabec
Tiger Night Co-Chairs: Audrey June & Azzra Karrar
Twain Community Night Chair: Iliana Beal
Staff Member of the Month 2018-19
Each month, the administration and the PTA jointly recognize an outstanding teacher or staff member here at Twain. They receive an awesome trophy, a special parking spot for the month, lunch period coverage for a date of their choosing, and a gift card for Panera Bread. It’s just a small way to say thank you for all that our fantastic teachers and staff members do!
Teacher/Staff Member of Month:
- April 2019: Leslie Pilotti
- March 2019: Kirstin Utterback
- February 2019: Emily Baldwin
- January 2019: Bryan Kirby
- December 2018: Katherine Fazel
- November 2018: Lauren Behling
- October 2018: Catherine Tolpa
- September: Chris Kniesly
- October: Catherine Tolpa
- November: Lauren Behling
- December: Katherine Fazel
- January: Bryan Kirby
- September 2018: Chris Kniesly