Supporting the Twain MS faculty
Join the PTA!
PTA Spirit Wear & Events
How do I join the PTA?
It’s never too late to join the PTA, you can join at any point in the year. PTA membership is $20 for individuals or $30 for a family membership.
Join the PTA Online! Save time and submit your membership form online through our givebacks page.
Please note: The MTMS PTA is primarily funded through our membership dues and holds limited fundraisers throughout the school year. By joining the PTA, your membership dues are greatly helping us achieve our goals for supporting the students and staff at Twain.
What does the MTMS PTA do?
The primary goal of the MTMS PTA is to support the students and staff at Twain. This is done in a variety of ways, which include:
- Working closely with the Twain administration, supporting school programs and taking part in school events.
- Sponsoring events for students such as the Tiger Night socials and the 8th grade dance.
- Fulfilling school volunteer needs for events like school pictures, Twain Community Night, and Field Day.
- Hosting staff appreciation events and sponsoring the Twain Teacher/Staff Member of the Month.
- Awarding PTA Mini-Grants to teachers and clubs.
- Having Twain Spirit Wear available for purchase so that students may show off their Tiger Pride.
Please join us for a PTA meeting, as all are welcome to attend! All meetings will be on Wednesdays this year at 7:00pm in the MTMS Library with a Zoom option. Zoom information will be available closer to the meeting. Meeting minutes for this year will be available on this page after each meeting.
The PTA Meetings for the 2023-2024 school year will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Wednesday, October 18, 2023
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024
- Wednesday, February 28, 2024
- Wednesday, March 20, 2024
- Wednesday, April 17, 2024
- Wednesday, May 29, 2024
Volunteer at Twain
Are you interested in becoming more involved with the PTA? Do you have special skills or some great ideas? There are many different ways that parents can help the PTA, from helping to plan events, helping with Spirit Wear, or serving on a committee. No contribution is too small…if you would be willing to help the PTA or are curious as to what jobs are available, please contact the PTA President at [email protected] or the Membership & Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected].
The Twain PTA offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities for parents and guardians. Volunteers are essential to the success of our programs…we cannot do all that we do without parent help! Please consider giving of your time. Some of the volunteer opportunities include:
- Baking for school events, such as Mark Twain’s birthday celebration
- Assisting with school pictures, gym uniform distribution, hearing & vision screenings, the Turkey Trot, and more
- Selling Spirit Wear and concessions at events
- Being a committee member to help plan/coordinate events and programs
We send out volunteer requests via SignUpGenius.com emails. We appreciate as much help as your schedule allows! For questions and to be added to our volunteer list, please email the Membership & Volunteer Coordinator, at [email protected].
PTA on Instagram
PTA on Facebook
Contacting the PTA
Twain PTA Officers
PTA President: [email protected]
PTA Vice-President: [email protected]
PTA Treasurer: [email protected]
PTA Secretary: [email protected]
Membership & Volunteer Coordinator: [email protected]
8th Grade Dance co-chairs: [email protected]
Spirit Events Coordinator: [email protected]
Spirit Wear: [email protected]
Staff Appreciation Co-Chairs: [email protected]
Tiger Night Co-Chairs: [email protected]
Twain Community Night Chair: [email protected]
Staff Member of the Month 2023-24
Each month, the administration and the PTA jointly recognize an outstanding teacher or staff member here at Twain. They receive a gift card to a local establishment as well as prime parking at the school. It’s just a small way to say thank you for all that our fantastic teachers and staff members do!
Do you have a nomination for the PTA to consider? Submit your nomination with this form.
Teacher/Staff Member of Month:
- September: Gretchen Linton